Troop 123 leaders are required to have specific training and encouraged to take all additional courses.
- YOUTH PROTECTION
- FAST START BOY SCOUTING
- THIS IS SCOUTING
To take training click link to training site and either sign in for registered leaders or create an account for new leaders (you do not need registration number as this will be issued after application is approved) select E-LEARNING on left and take these courses.
Please e-mail or bring copies of any training to:
Jeanette Eichholtz email@example.com Training Chair Troop 123
ADDITIONAL TRAINING MAY INCLUDE – PHYSICAL WELLNESS, SAFE SWIM DEFENSE, SAFETY AFLOAT, CLIMB ON SAFELY, TREK SAFELY, WEATHER HAZARDS and COMMITTEE related courses.
For YOUTH and ADULT leaders—the perfect family course!
Powder Horn Requirements:
- Must be a registered BSA adult, Boy Scout at least 14 years old, or a member of a Venturing Crew.
- Youth must have unit leader approval and have completed either Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) or Crews (ILSC) OR National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
- Adults must be trained for their position
- All participants must complete the following training: Venturing Youth Protection (only the Venturing version will be accepted).
- Hazardous Weather
- Safety Afloat
- Safe Swim Defense
- Climb on Safely
- Meet the requirements in the Annual Health and Medical Record physical in a back country environment
- Each registrant must complete the BSA Annual Health & Medical Record, Parts A-C.
- Dates: November 9 (8:00am) – November 11 (5:00pm), 2018
- Cost: $150.00 per participant
- Click here for the event flyer (coming soon)
- Join the Facebook group.